- Manage the day-to-day running of projects from concept through to completion.
- Work alongside other engineers in the Practice and provide guidance to our Technicians as required.
- Attend site at various stages of each project.
- Attend design team meetings as required.
- Liaise with other members of the design team, effectively communicating design requirements.
- The production of technical drawings, either via hand sketches or by AutoCad drawings produced by our in-house Technicians.
- Manage time spent on projects to comply with the fee proposal.
- Attend any relevant training and CPD courses to support your role.
Working hours are usually 8:45am to 17:15pm, Monday to Friday, with some occasional evening and weekend work where necessary
The work is office-based with occasional visits to construction sites in order to visit other professionals and clients, or to measure progress of a building project.
Degree level qualification in Structural/Civil Engineering or equivalent experience in the role.
- Competent in the design of steel, concrete, timber and masonry to British Standards of Eurocodes
- Experienced in AutoCad and design software, such as Tekla Structural Designer, CADS 3D, etc.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong mathematical ability
- Computer literacy
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Diagrammatic skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- The ability to liaise well with professionals from other disciplines
- An interest in the design and structure of buildings.